Francesco (Clemente)

Francesco (Clemente)

Schizoid Personality Blog

creative blog of a schizoid personality

Music, movies, books, love, inspirations, designs and more

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Eternal Sunshine of Passion

When you are in love with someone who shows you not much (here I go again), there may come a moment when you do not know how to approach them and show them that you  really care without hurting, attacking, being seen as indifferent or causing misunderstandings. You research, create blogs, choose songs, watch new movies, then impetuously blow up etc.

But because you understand that some things (feelings) stay unchanged, you go on cherishing them.

So the movie I was recently introduced to by someone brilliantly special is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. The tricky name was taken from the poem Eloisa to Abelard by Alexander Pope where forgetfulness became Eloisa's only comfort in the situation of the tragic love affair.

It's funny that Russians first translated the movie as 'Eternal Sunshine of Passion'. I like the 'passion' version much more than 'spotless mind'. And of course I like the soundtrack.

You can erase someone from your mind (really?)
Getting them out of your heart is another story (yes)


my favourite quotes in my favourite order

('honeymoon' on ice)

Joel: I don't know. What if it breaks?
Clementine: What if? Do you really care right now?

(close to the childhood memories)
Joel: I can't remember anything without you.

4-Year-Old Joel: I really want her to pick me up. It's amazing how strong that desire is.


Joel: I love being bathed in the sink - such a feeling of security.
Clementine: I've never seen you happier, baby Joel.


Clementine: Hi, I'm Clementine, can I have a piece of chicken?
Joel: Then you just took it. It was so intimate. It was like we were already lovers.

Joel: I had a really nice time last night.
Clementine: Nice?
Joel: I had the best fucking night of my entire fucking life, last night!
Clementine: Thaaaat's better! 

Joel: I can't see anything that I don't like about you.
Clementine: But you will. You know, you will think of things.
Joel: Okay.
Clementine: Okay.

(Charles River memory)
Joel: I could die right now, Clem. I'm just... really happy. I've never felt that before. I'm just exactly where I want to be.



(I've watched Magnolia now)

No comments:

Post a Comment