Francesco (Clemente)

Francesco (Clemente)

Schizoid Personality Blog

creative blog of a schizoid personality

Music, movies, books, love, inspirations, designs and more

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bandits & Ultimate Sappy Chick Songs


"Bandits" is a lovely movie I enjoy watching after a long day at work, it's fun and makes me think less than usual. One good thought the movie brings is that stereotypes about Americans are probably not all true (not all Americans are 'true to' some stereotypes about them?) Briefly speaking, people differ and things are not always what they seem.

Some Bandit movie quotes I like
  • She's mentally unstable to a spectacular degree. (spectacular)
  • I would rather feel too much, than too little. (disputable)
  • Kate's a special lady. -Kate is an iceberg waiting for the Titanic. (smart man speaking)
  • Don't Expect the unexpected, because then its not really unexpected and that leaves you vulnerable to the truely unexpected (need to read twice)
  •  Beavers and ducks! (funny when watched)
  • Girls love men who love danger (wrong, it's much more complicated)
  • Love is a wish you hide in your heart that no one else knows.(maybe)
  •  - You know the hardest thing about being smart?
     
    -  No.
     
    - I always pretty much know what's gonna happen next. There's no suspense. (smart man speaking) 
  • - Kate, you should choose. What's it gonna be? Mr. Action Figure Hero Guy? Or brains, and sensitivity, and a lot of other things I could name. So in other words: me or THAT guy?
    - Yeah, good looking, or ITCHY. (ITCHY, yes!!!)
  • - Oh my god! I can't believe you KNOW that song!
    - Yeah. Bonnie Tyler. "Total Eclipse of the Heart". It's the ultimate sappy chick song.(focus of my attention)
    I like all three movie characters, but this crazy woman Kate is my top favourite (Cate Blanchett rocks be it Bandits or Elizabeth). The reason why I'm especially interested in her today is this stupid craving for an ultimate sappy chick song. I don't mind Bonnie Tyler, mostly because I get occasional total eclipse of the mind, and I am a Hero enough to fight this eclipse. (Altho of course I'd prefer 'Twist in My Sobriety' more). This time, however, my attention goes beyond the details  (Bonnie Tyler, Whitney Houston, Mariah, or any other Cryiah etc.) and takes aim at the general picture - the concept of an ultimate sappy chick song.

    Why would a relatively strong female have a craving for an ultimate sappy chick song or something more sentimentally emotional than Rammstein? Millions of answers are possible here, but this is more a rhetorical protest than a question. I'm satisfied with my self-sufficient self, but this craving for an ultimate sappy chick song is something sweet that I somewhat not-too-sweetly protest against.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment