Francesco (Clemente)

Francesco (Clemente)

Schizoid Personality Blog

creative blog of a schizoid personality

Music, movies, books, love, inspirations, designs and more

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Magnolian Street of Life


 (Paul Nash - Flight of the Magnolia)


American male singers steal and wear purely Russian female names.

Scientists discover a big-schnozzed frog in Indonesia.

Donald W. Winnicott - a notable contributor to the 'schizoid subject' and the author of the so-called 'false self disorder' theory - winks at the schizoid-curious me right from the screen at the very moment when it's raining like Billy-oh outside...

And I would like to think this is only a matter of chance... But at this moment I can't.
Because I'm watching the movie Magnolia (1999).
------------------------------------------------

Reading or writing your typical review describing numerous situations of the movie Magnolia is quite boring and useless. It's the kind of movie details of which you need to investigate yourself.

Things fall down.
  • She was my wife for 23 years. And I have a son. And she has cancer. And I'm not there...
  • Let's make some fucking money here, people.
  • - I've cheated on you and it kills me... and the guilt of what I've done. - Why doesn't Claudia talk to you Jimmy?
  • You see, I never loved him. Earl. When I met him, I fucked him, and married him... because I wanted his money. You understand?
People look up.
  • This is so boring. So goddamn... That dying wish... and all that old-man-on-a-bed... wants one thing... Find him...
  • -You have to be nicer to me, Dad. -Go to bed.
  • I have to talk about so many things. I don't want you to think I'm that way to you. I'm sick, Claudia.
  • I want to change his will. Can I change his will? I need to.
And when it rains, it pours.

(Raining) cats and dogs there, huh?

Random favourites
  • "We may be through with the past... but the past ain't through with us'.
  • Bottom line? Language. Tap directly into her hopes, her wants ... her fears, her desires, and her sweet little panties. Learn how to make that lady 'friend' your sex-starved servant.
  • - I can help you solve the case. Tell you who did it. (.......) The professor, I'ma teach you about the worm............ (Jerome Samuel Hall. Did he ever fight with your husband? Is this the Worm? Do they call him Worm?)
  • Now, this is the part of the movie where you help me.
  • And she knew what I did. She knew all the fucking things I'd done. But the love was stronger than anything you can think of. The goddamn regret.
  • This happens. This is something that happens.
  • And what most people don't see is just how hard it is to do the right thing. Sometimes people need a little help. Sometimes people need to be forgiven.
  • And we move through this life, we should try and do good. Do good. And if we can do that... and not hurt anyone else... well, then...
------------------------------------------------------

Magnolia is both educational and instructive, an intellectual and emotional challenge. We love or want to love somebody, make mistakes, use denial to avoid troubles, try to improve, lie, cheat, leave someone we shouldn't leave, have regrets... Life is more random than art or music. I'm glad I've watched.


what a coincidence


 

1 comment:

  1. You can not forget the movie Garden State. Garden State is about a schizoid. Its about schizoid who falls in love.

    ReplyDelete